• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DanS1982

Track Day Build

DanS1982

I'm currently building a 1.9 track car but after traulling through the search engine I still have the following queries:

(note this car is going to be 100% track and not a fast road car)

Ride Height: is -35mm all round (1 spline removed from rear) the best height for track on non adjustable shocks?

Exhaust: I have a after market exhaust which the baffles are ratteling around in. Whats the best competition exhaust to get? I have a stainless rear box, can I keep this?

And finally, other than brakes what else should I be looking at to upgrade?

Cheers,

Dan

smckeown
Ride Height: is -35mm all round (1 spline removed from rear) the best height for track on non adjustable shocks?

I'd say thats in the region, I run that height and it's for optimised handling. Some people do go lower however

Exhaust: I have a after market exhaust which the baffles are ratteling around in. Whats the best competition exhaust to get? I have a stainless rear box, can I keep this?

Depends on what the target power is, but there will mostly be 2 choices worth considering, both sold by des-developments, either their GrpN or GrpA exhaust

And finally, other than brakes what else should I be looking at to upgrade?

Check out the other forum members track cars, namely mine, jonmurghies, PeteF's...there are a few others too

--

Glad to see another track car in the making :D

Edited by smckeown

DanS1982
I'd say thats in the region, I run that height and it's for optimised handling. Some people do go lower however

Depends on what the target power is, but there will mostly be 2 choices worth considering, both sold by des-developments, either their GrpN or GrpA exhaust

Check out the other forum members track cars, namely mine, jonmurghies, PeteF's...there are a few others too

--

Glad to see another track car in the making :D

Thanks for that! as you can see I've kinda modelled my roll cage on yours - hope you dont mind :)

cage_rear.jpg

I've got my pukka harnesses sorted, seat brackets bars weleded in, just need to tap the plates I've had welded in place for the eye bolts and paint the cage :P

Dan

Sign in to follow this