• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jer309GTi

Missing Wire From Loom?

Jer309GTi

On my Mi engine (in my 405), I seem to be missing the wire that goes to the green temp sensor on top of the thermostat housing. I can't remember if there was one on there when I took the engine out (it was ages ago).

There is a blue sensor on the side that has a connector, a red sensor on the side that has red coloured connector, a sensor on the bottom (something to do with the aircon) and the green sensor on the top. I've followed the loom everywhere under the engine bay and can't find another wire.

Did some engines not have this sensor wired up? And if I should have a wire for it, is it included in the same part of the loom as the other coolant sensors?

Heres a pic of the sensor:

image029ir3.th.jpg

Thanks

28CRAIG

That wire on mine is a yellow one always falls off but does not seem to make a differance. Should be with the other wires from the sensor loom.

pug309twin40s

the blue connector on the side is the ECU temp sensor.

You should have a wire going to that sensor which i think is yellow as pointed out by 28craig.

That sensor and the one you have the red plug on is the temp gauge sensor and temp warning sensor. Not sure which one is which though.

Sign in to follow this