• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
m@robson

Mcgard Locking Wheel Bolts

m@robson

The Spanner monkeys at the garage I USED to use have managed to fubar'd up my locking wheel nut keys infect this is the second time they have done it as they always use a damn air gun hence why I no longer use them. So iv decided to get some Mcgard wheel bolts to try and prevent this happening, thing is I don’t know which ones I need, e.g. thread and length of the bolt. If anyone happens to know which ones I need that would be great. There for my xsara but im using 205GTi alloys, the xsara ones have a chamfer from the top of the bolt to the thread, and the 205 bolts I have are flat.

Xsara ones are like this:

http://www.rochfordtyres.co.uk/product.asp...History=related

Edited by m@robson

welshpug

you just need ones that suit the wheels as the threads are the same, both being PSA products.

so you need a set of flat faced wheelbolts.

sonofsam

Yes as above. Flat seated. I think the thread size is M12 x 1.25 , normal GTI wheel bolts are about 35mm long'ish

Not be funny though, you sure you need lockers, are people going to steal GTI alloys anymore?

Had a Knighmare recently with some Grayston locking wheel bolts, they really should be taken off with a windy gun. I used ( big mistake ) an angled wheel brace, one slip and the pins went pear shaped as did the register, had to get my mate round with his 12V windy gun to get them off.

Needless to say I binned em' soon as all four were off the car:)

Rippthrough
Yes as above. Flat seated. I think the thread size is M12 x 1.25 , normal GTI wheel bolts are about 35mm long'ish

Not be funny though, you sure you need lockers, are people going to steal GTI alloys anymore?

Had a Knighmare recently with some Grayston locking wheel bolts, they really should be taken off with a windy gun. I used ( big mistake ) an angled wheel brace, one slip and the pins went pear shaped as did the register, had to get my mate round with his 12V windy gun to get them off.

Needless to say I binned em' soon as all four were off the car:)

That's weird - my set(s) have been on and off nearly every week with a bar, and I've never had any trouble with them.

-Phillip

sonofsam

HHmm stronge indeed, these really were soft as pudding, could of been knock offs then in a Grayston box..did get them from egay :(

I nearly lost my rag trying to get them undone :o

Are yours's the type with the four pins in the key and corresponding register in the bolt?

Maybe tempted by another set with splines this time like m@robson is going for :(

Bonzai

mcguard #26001 you want

M12 x 1.25

Rippthrough
HHmm stronge indeed, these really were soft as pudding, could of been knock offs then in a Grayston box..did get them from egay :)

I nearly lost my rag trying to get them undone ;)

Are yours's the type with the four pins in the key and corresponding register in the bolt?

Maybe tempted by another set with splines this time like m@robson is going for :o

Yep, 4 pins, overtorqued 'em?

sonofsam

Quite possible, only nipped them up by hand/bar though.

m@robson

thanks guys, interesting point about not using lockers as there my track wheels maybe i shouldnt bother but sometimes if the trackday is at the weekend i wont change my wheels till the following weekend and i dont want to risk my wheels bieng knicked especially for the sake of £25. thanks again for your help

m@robson
mcguard #26001 you want

M12 x 1.25

I recived them this morning, i ordered from PRI Racing £26 including VAT and Postage. they are perfect and hopefully will be the end of my locking wheel nut problems as i have gone through 2 sets in 2 years thanks to spanner monkeys and there damn airguns, and due to the crap PSA pin lockers :rolleyes:

again thanks for your help guys :)

Ahl

Nice one. :)

I fancy a set too, but I notice PRI list these as £26.99 + vat on their website. How did you get them all in for £26?

Rippthrough
I recived them this morning, i ordered from PRI Racing £26 including VAT and Postage. they are perfect and hopefully will be the end of my locking wheel nut problems as i have gone through 2 sets in 2 years thanks to spanner monkeys and there damn airguns, and due to the crap PSA pin lockers :)

again thanks for your help guys B)

If you had mentioned it at cadwell you could have had a set off graystons off me providing I got the 4 normal bolts back in part-ex :P

-Phillip

Edited by Rippthrough

m@robson
Nice one. :)

I fancy a set too, but I notice PRI list these as £26.99 + vat on their website. How did you get them all in for £26?

dunno my recipt says £26, thats odd, ho-hum i wont complain :P

Sign in to follow this