• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Be1 Clutch Arm Pin

pugpete1108

i have managed to loose the two pins that i had for the clutch arm on my be1 box , does anyone know the size of them so i can make another one failing that does anyone have a spare i can loose .. i mean use ;)

steve@cornwall
i have managed to loose the two pins that i had for the clutch arm on my be1 box , does anyone know the size of them so i can make another one failing that does anyone have a spare i can loose .. i mean use :o

length 40mm x diameter 7mm- still got a spare in the cubby hole, even though i changed to be3!

pugpete1108
length 40mm x diameter 7mm- still got a spare in the cubby hole, even though i changed to be3!

cheers , is there a special metal they should be made of , or will any do?

pete

TVH
cheers , is there a special metal they should be made of , or will any do?

pete

Any will do except aluminium. I replaced the pin with a M8 bolt when the pin got lost while driving back home. I just don't understand why the pin has to be a separate item not solid with the arm.

Edited by TVH

Rob_the_Sparky

If you can, drill a small hole through it. Then use some welding wire through this and attached to something else to stop it falling off the car.

Rob

pugpete1108
If you can, drill a small hole through it. Then use some welding wire through this and attached to something else to stop it falling off the car.

Rob

i might well do that , as i am getting and engineer at work to do his magic on the lathe.

i didn't loose it whilst it was on the car though it was when i took the gearbox out , its probably in a box burried in the garage somewhere . but i suppose if the cable snaps then the pin is gonna fall out

Sign in to follow this