• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest edcotic

Bilstein Sprintline / Sportline

Guest edcotic

what i'm asking is, how do i tell the difference when looking at a photo of them removed from a vehicle??

don't want to get messed about

many thanks

Ed

welshpug

sprint is yellow, street is black.

Guest edcotic

thanks

that means they are streetlines. From what i gather these are not worth bothering with

shame

welshpug

fronts are pretty much o.e, rears have been said to be base model spec and not up to GTi spec.

retail is around the £170 mark Inc lowering springs.

Ahl

The information about the streetlines is correct, but hes asking the difference between sport and sprintlines?

Sport dampers are the fancy non-adjustable ones - sprints are the same, but shortened stroke.

Another obvious difference is that the sprint/sports are monotube design, with a thick piston rod almost as wide as the damper body. The streetline are 'normal' twin tube design with the piston rod being relatively thin.

C_W

Yea as Ahl said, the Sprintline and Sportline have the same damping characteristics, just that the Sprintline has a shorter rod/stroke so is more suited to a lowered car.

Both are Yellow at a guess, check the Bilstein website, all their shocks have part no.s so should be able to tell that way?

Anthony
Both are Yellow at a guess, check the Bilstein website, all their shocks have part no.s so should be able to tell that way?

Sprint, Sport and Challenge spec Billies are all yellow, as are the Group N rears

Sign in to follow this