• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
S33GAV

Have Replaced My Mi Box

S33GAV

Hi

I've recently replaced the 1.9 box in my miami with an mi16 box (thanks sorr) using Jonmurgie's guide (thanks), however after reconnecting it all up I seem to have missed something, as I get nothing when I turn the key. The battery is charged but I got no spark when I connected the connectors?! (which means the earth wires aren't connected?!)

I didn't remove the starter motor, all I did was disconnect/reconnect the 3 bolts holding to the gearbox. Sean removed all the wiring/connectors and I've tried to reconnect it all but something must be missing.

I've got a couple of photos, the first one is showing the earth wire from the battery, my question is, should there be another earth wire in the top hole?

earth.jpg

Second photo shows the lead coming from the +ive connector on the batter, and there seems to be a loose wire and I'm not sure where this should go, if anywhere?! (Can't remember what it was like before I removed it, it was so long ago).

positive.jpg

Any help much appreciated

Cheers

Gav

mos

hi,

you wont get a spark anyway until the starter is turning as the ingintion system wont be active

the yellow wire in your hand in the photo may have come loose from the little power distrubtion block that mounts in front of the battery, attached to the slam panel (little black plastic box)

alternatively it could be the direct feed to the starter from the battery but the wire does not look long enough to be that

mark

Edited by mos

smighall

I'm sure there should be another earth on the gearbox?

smckeown

That yellow wire doesnt look familiar. Does the tape look old or new ? Are there any more wires dangling about ? That top hole, does it look fresh ? indicating something was there recently ?

ablister

you could use a jump lead to earth the engine to the body and that would be an easy test for a bad earth

S33GAV
the yellow wire in your hand in the photo may have come loose from the little power distrubtion block that mounts in front of the battery, attached to the slam panel (little black plastic box)

Spot on, nice one!! That yellow wire had indeed come loose from the power distribution block, so thanks very much for that!!

Cheers to all for your responses

Gav ;)

Sign in to follow this