• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
James_m

Clutch Cable Routing

James_m

Having taken out my clutch cable out about 6 months ago, i can no longer remember where it routes through the bulkhead, a search reveals its near the brake servo, but i cant find it :unsure: is it near where the throttle cable goes? A pic tells a thousand words and all that, but my usb ports have done a 205 and now dont work so i have no way of uploading pics.

A quick answer would be much apreciated!

Cheers James.

sonofsam
post-6977-1165236568_thumb.jpg

James_m

Sonofsam, thank you! :bowingsmiliethisforumdoes'nthave:

sonofsam

Thats ok mate:) Give the bung that goes in the bulkhead a slight lube..slides in easier that way lol

Mine was a bit squished between the fuel lines to start with, but a bit of fiddling around saw it right:)

stevec205gti

Another tip - the cable's a bitch to get through the hole, but connecting the clutch cable up and pressing the pedal down is supposedly an easy way of doing it - but I only find this out off the forum after a lot of brute force and ignorance! Leave the fine tuning of the clutch pedal settings until after you've done this

Edited by stevec205gti

James_m

Clutch cables are bastards. Next question! what does the spring on the pedal connect to, i cant find anywhere the hooks might hook to?

Alastairh

Fitting.

New cable sort of in the hole. With the pedal off and spring out if a be3 get a screw driver out in the car, and pull the cable through (may need to move the foam crap).

The spring connects to the top of the pedal and the metal support for the steering on the right of the cable bit.

Run along the bottom of the subframe and back up beside the gear linkage and asjust so theres roughly an inch of thread left.

Press the pedal a few times heavily so it clips in the servo ok, and then adjust to suite.

Alastair

James_m

Should the pedal be spring loaded when its not connected to the gearbox, im guessing it should, and mine isnt :) thats doing the way i think alastair suggested.

James_m

Thinking about it, it wont be spring loaded will it, because thats what those springs in the clutch friction plate do, think ive sorted it then! Why do i always look for the most complicated way to do something!

Sign in to follow this