• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Turbo7379

Best Non-adjustable Race Suspension Set-up ?

Turbo7379

I'm hoping to compete in a race series next year but their regs stipulate that the dampers are a non-adjustable . Here are the full regs -

Adjustable shock absorbers are not permitted unless fitted as standard. Non-standard springs may be fitted. Suspension units must be mounted onto the body at the standard suspension mounting points.

The ride height may be altered.

It is permitted to fit up-rated bushes to the suspension.

Up-rated anti-roll bars may not be fitted.

No rose-type joints permitted.

It is not permitted to have adjustable suspension geometry

Looking at these regs there's not a lot I can do apart from the following -

1- I'll probably fit 309 wishbones & shafts to add a little camber to the front . Are genuine pug bushings still the best for the wishbones ?

2- A pair of lowering springs for the front & lower the rear beam to match . I've a pair of -30mm Jamex springs - are these any good ?

3- A new set of std shocks - are bilstein sprintline the best around ?

4- Overhaul the rear beam & solid-mount it .

Is there anything I've missed ? Any advice greatly appreciated .

Edited by Turbo7379

Sandy

Bilstein "Challenge" dampers are very very good, better than most adjustables certainly and are fixed rate. You can get them from www.peterlloydrallying.co.uk for sure, but probably elsewhere as well. make sure the rear dampers are B46-1038. Spring wise, not to hard is the key element, or it'll just understeer frustratingly. 309 width front with 205 width rear works well.

Miles

As Sandy's said, The Group 'N' Bilstein's fit the bill well and don;t break the bank, I just supplied a set to Kyri on here and I know other's with this set up and so far every one likes it.

Spring's I would use Eibach or Skip Brown one's.

newdean0

Isn't fitting wider wishbones and increasing camber exactly the same as having an adjustable suspension set-up? I'd be suprised if that was allowed.

Turbo7379

Thanks for the replies so far .

Miles - you have PM . ;)

newdean0 - By the look of the other cars in the class none of them are running standard camber . Any I checked have been modified by permanently altering the suspension to give more camber so I guess under the rules this isn't considered 'adjustable suspension' .

What I may do is lengthen my spare pair of 205 wishbones by adding a piece in . I've did this before on my stock car & I know it works . I'll just need to get a measurement of the length of a 309 wishbone .

saveloy

I hope to have mine on next week. I have a set of Eibach springs too.

I tried squeezing down the damper piston today, but I'm not the hulk!

Turbo7379

I've got this pt no for a bilstein rear shock - f4-b46-1039-ho . Is this an uprated shock or a std one ?

Miles

It might be a Gravel spec rear as the Tarmac Group 'N's are F4-B46-1038-H0

Sandy

1039 is sport, which are pretty soft on bump.

Edited by sandy309

Sign in to follow this