• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jim21070

Source Of Valve Clearance Shims

jim21070

Our 205 D Junior has very tight valve clearances, so tight that three inlets hold slightly open when cold -_- This does not help cold starting ;)

No worries, I'll be reshimming soon but the problem I have is where to obtain new shims given that our local Pug and Cit dealers around here are not at all helpful nor friendly.

I'll soon know exactly what I'll need as soon as I have the cam out and miked up the old ones.

Are individual shims available singly if you give a dealer the part no. or do you have to buy a complete kit or silly quantities?

Does anyone have any suggestions as to anyone who can supply, maybe on a swap basis (i.e. my old ones for some new ones).

Many thanks!

boombang

Some shims come in packs of two but my local dealer had no problem selling me just one.

I have a few spares left over from my build so let me know which ones you need ;)

Oigen

Hey, just go to your local dealer... no matter how unfriendly they are, if you show them the part no., they will give you the shims... hope this list will help you: list1 , list2 (i don't know wich ones are for diesel)

Edited by Oigen

jim21070

The lists of part numbers are especially helpful. XUD and XU shims are the same.

Oigen

No problem mate... :) I know they are the same diameter, but one list is from 1,65 to 2,975 and the other from 3 to 4, and I have thought that ones are for diesel and the other ones for gasoline.

Regards,

Dan

Edited by Oigen

Sign in to follow this