• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
fxi1900

Diff Clatter Using A Quiafe Atb

fxi1900

Hi,

Has anyone experienced diff clatter on a quaife? Earlier today i run it up on axle stands to bed the pagids in and found when applying the brake i was getting a strange noise off the diff (like gear clatter). So ran it up and down the yard a few times and when it spun up in 2nd it would happen again? Just had the box rebuilt and the original tran-x removed and replaced with the quaife. The box has the pts c/r gear set and a 4.8 cwp.

Miles

How old is the box? as the early boxes run a Diff shim, But from 85/86 onwards it became the speedo drive housing which needs bolting up before the Diff case is tightened up, Failing that it might be a case of a new speedo drive as the end does where or worst case a new case

P.S, Why did you replace with a ATB diff?

Edited by Miles

fxi1900

Its the later box be3 i believe, My reasons for the diff swap was simply reliability. Whilst i was reshelling my rally car i went through everything that was deemed to be unreliable or needed regular maintenence and the tran-x fell into both those, It was always coming out to have its settings adjusted and different things. It was however a difficult decision as the tran-x is a proper diff compared t the atb. By the way, My car is the one featured on the lad website on its rollers. That was on injection its now on 45's.

Sign in to follow this