• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
CTI STU

Rev Counter Ticking?

CTI STU

My rev counter is Ticking? sounds like a old cvh engine with the tappets ticking away!!

Is there anything I can do? other than turning the radio up ;)

cybernck

hmm are you sure it's not the speedo that's clicking?

Daxed

Yeah speedo gets my vote too, cable driven and makes a noise when it gets unhappy. Have you got any speedo needle flicker / strange behaviour etc?

I thought i had a leaf or something stuck in the r/h air vent that was vibrating in the airflow, it's actualy the speedo cable playing up and the noise comes out the air vent.

Guest smokinslim

Either that or your odometer's got stuck, handy for saving a few miles now n then ;) I find jabbing the button a few times usually helps.

CTI STU

100% sure its the rev counter I stoped and reved the car and its def the rev counter, This is the fist 205 (had 7 now!) where the speedo dosent flicker/tick

Jrod

Mine did that when I got it.

Smacked the top of the dash (hard) and it went away for a while but came back.

Replaced clocks and it's gone. ;)

CaptainP

Mine also did this but whilst I had the dash out to replace an ignition barrel & dash lights I reseated it. Been fine for months now.

Edp

I have this in my Mi. Its not a loud tick but its annoying. It does have a new speedo cable so it cant be that. I think the cble isnt seated properly into the housing. They are a bitch to get at. My needle also flickers at low speeds which pisses me off.

Sign in to follow this