• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mos

Crank Position Sensor Reference Point

mos

hi,

like the description says really

does anyone know or failing that, know where i may find the crank position sensor reference point in relation to TDC for a 2.0mi/s16 engine. they use the bosch 60-2 system.

I am lead to believe than 1.9 mi16 which also uses the bosch 60-2 system is either 117 or 118 degrees before TDC, is this accurate for the 1.9mi alloy block engine and if so is the value the same on the 2.0mi/s16 iron block engines?

thanks

mark

pugpete1108
hi,

like the description says really

does anyone know or failing that, know where i may find the crank position sensor reference point in relation to TDC for a 2.0mi/s16 engine. they use the bosch 60-2 system.

I am lead to believe than 1.9 mi16 which also uses the bosch 60-2 system is either 117 or 118 degrees before TDC, is this accurate for the 1.9mi alloy block engine and if so is the value the same on the 2.0mi/s16 iron block engines?

thanks

mark

going by the emerald manual i have set mine at 120deg btdc on cylinder 1 , mine is a gti6 which is a 2.0 iron block.

the sensor should be at the end of the second missing tooth when the engine is at 120 btdc on cylinder 1

i havent had the car running yet so i am not sure how correct this is, but i should imaging dave walker cant be wrong can he?

the manual is downloadable from the emerald website or pm me i cam mail it to you

mos
going by the emerald manual i have set mine at 120deg btdc on cylinder 1 , mine is a gti6 which is a 2.0 iron block.

the sensor should be at the end of the second missing tooth when the engine is at 120 btdc on cylinder 1

i havent had the car running yet so i am not sure how correct this is, but i should imaging dave walker cant be wrong can he?

the manual is downloadable from the emerald website or pm me i cam mail it to you

thank for that

i have just downloaded it, hope they are right with 120 degrees for all bosch 60-2 applications, but like you say cant see emerald being wrong

thanks

mark

Sign in to follow this