• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
frodo_monkey

Piccy Required Of 1.9 Rear Brake Pipes...

frodo_monkey

Hi all,

Having fitted my newly refurbed beam with Graham (cheers Pugtorque!), I'm putting 1.9 brakes on the back of my 1.6 for the very first time... I have the Goodridge hoses fitted to the calipers, and the other hoses from above the beam to the lower shock bolt fitted. But I'm having a brainfart with the copper pipe that links the two - could anyone stick up a piccy to paint me 1000 words?!

Also, I have the brackets that are meant to link the hose off the caliper with the copper line, where do these bolt on to?

And finally, as I need to go get a flaring kit, some copper line and brake fittings... What size copper line do I need, and what size are the fittings I need? Sorry for the million questions!

Thanks all,

Si

welshpug

24-11-06_1633.jpg

24-11-06_1632.jpg

:)

Edited by welshpug

Ryan

...and you need 3/16" pipe and 10mm nuts.

frodo_monkey

Thanks guys! If somebody has the wheel off their car would it be possible to get a pic looking over the top of the front of the disc? Sorry to be awkward!

sonofsam

post-6977-1164935242_thumb.jpg

Missing from that pic though is a cradle, that bolts to the swing ( were the plate attaches ) arm to house brake line and handbrake cable

post-6977-1164935412_thumb.jpg

Mine is also a 1.6>1.9 brake conversion.

pug_ham

Si, there is a topic here that should help but some of the pictures are dead that Christopher posted.

rearbeamswap2.jpg

You can see almost the whole route in the above picture though along with the attachment from the other topic I posted.

The route is the same as the 1.6 from the bracket on the lower shock mount only it stops short at the caliper end stop bracket (the ones you need 2 x M6 x 10mm bolts for) for the flexi to the caliper.

Graham.

max0
And finally, as I need to go get a flaring kit, some copper line and brake fittings... What size copper line do I need, and what size are the fittings I need? Sorry for the million questions!

Alright Frodo looks like the racer is coming along since i last saw it. Motorscope or Unipart will be able to sort you out with the brake pipes (about £7 a roll) / unions. Ive got a Flaring kit, if you want a hand give us a shout as not a million miles away - as based in northallerton. Machine mart do a cheap flaring tool for about £25.

Andy

Edited by max0

frodo_monkey

Andy,

Thanks for that - sorted for pipe, unions and now a flaring tool (I could spend SO much money in Machine Mart...). When did you see the moneypit before? Its changed a lot in the past few months. Should hopefully get the pipework cracked aliong with bleeding them off and adjusting the handbrake tomorrow morning - but as with all 205 work, we'll see ;)

Frodo

max0
Andy,

Thanks for that - sorted for pipe, unions and now a flaring tool (I could spend SO much money in Machine Mart...). When did you see the moneypit before? Its changed a lot in the past few months. Should hopefully get the pipework cracked aliong with bleeding them off and adjusting the handbrake tomorrow morning - but as with all 205 work, we'll see ;)

Frodo

Came over to richmond to pick up some 1.6 callipers. Think you where just about to move house. Give us a shout if you need any bits as a mate has a garage full of beams/engines/stuff

Sign in to follow this