• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
smckeown

Leda Rebuilds - Thanks To Balance Motorsport

smckeown

After Anglesey Julian @ Balance Motorsport reported that one of my struts was leaking, and recommended a rebuild. At the same time he reported that the levels of droop my struts had were exceptionally excessive and recommended they were shortened; as per a track/race car setup

I got hold of my old receipts and luckily I had specifically told LEDA that my application was track days, so Julian was able to negiciate with them directly that the rods got shortened for free. So a big thanks to Julian for spending a few hours and multiple phone calls to LEDA to fight my corner, with no profit in it fopr him; what excellent customer service.

Here's the finished article..good for more hammering on the track :)

ledas.jpg

I would recommend Balance Motorsport to anyone (Julian/veloce200 is his forum name), he has given me many hours of good advice over the last few months.

Sean

smckeown

The hub bolts got changed also, past their sell by date ? :)

pinch_bolts.jpg

hengti

more thread, less rust = lighter!

looking forward to more vids Sean - bet you can't wait! :)

i'm sure Veloce has posted bits of this before, but it was interesting to read about this again

Toddy
The hub bolts got changed also, past their sell by date ? :)

pinch_bolts.jpg

Sean

I would use a bolt like the original not a setscrew like the one you intend to use, other wise the thread will deform against the ball joint creating slack and may allow the hub to ovalise.

Cheers,David

Rob Thomson

I think it's the pinch-bolt that holds the strut into the hub carrier, which is probably less critical.

But it doesn't take a genius to work out that Pug probably used the bolt they did for a very good reason, not just because they happened to have some floating about that afternoon.

smckeown

I ordered the specific bolts from autofive, so I expected to get the correct bolts :)

Rob Thomson

I wouldn't worry about it, Sean. They're not going to come apart on track any time soon- but they might stretch a little over time. Just get some standard ones from Pug (they'll be £5 for the pair, tops) and fit them next time it's apart.

vern

I think the threaded ones are the ones you get from peugeot, as when ordered wishbone bush set, it comes with new nuts washers bolts etc, and those where the ones in kit.

veloce200
I think the threaded ones are the ones you get from peugeot, as when ordered wishbone bush set, it comes with new nuts washers bolts etc, and those where the ones in kit.

nut and bolt store (Namrick) in Brighton - great place and do mail order. any bolt !

smckeown

pinch_bolts.jpg

Sean

I would use a bolt like the original not a setscrew like the one you intend to use, other wise the thread will deform against the ball joint creating slack and may allow the hub to ovalise.

Cheers,David

I took your advice. I got proper replacements from the but and bolt store in hove, cost 1/3 the price of autofive too. I know where to go in future :lol:

Sign in to follow this