• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest srack

1600 Vs 1900 Distributor, Whats Realy The Different?!

Guest srack

tried to seek over the forum. couldnt find answer for that

people mentiod to me before that there's a different between both distributors.

whats the different? how a 1600dist effects 1900 engine? and other

and do you know what are the bosch number for the 1900 and the 1600 one?

since i've seen so many before. looks the same

cheers.

Anthony

The ignition advance curves are different to suit the different engines, and on the earlier distributers, the fixing method for the distributor cap is also different.

28CRAIG

So which distributor whould better suit a mi16 engine just out of intrest.

jim205GTI

The mi distributor would be the best.......!!! if you can get hold of a 16 valve loom :)

28CRAIG
The mi distributor would be the best.......!!! if you can get hold of a 16 valve loom :)

I have a 16v loom for mine i was just thinking about people using a 8v loom and carbs.

Wurzel
I have a 16v loom for mine i was just thinking about people using a 8v loom and carbs.

I'm guessing the 1.9 dizzy would be the better of the two but still not perfect. I guess this is why you can get so much more from an aftermarket mappable ignition management unit, when using carbs.

Guest srack
The ignition advance curves are different to suit the different engines, and on the earlier distributers, the fixing method for the distributor cap is also different.

so when will the different will be shown?

at start? low/high rpm?

and does someone know what are the bosch num for the 1900 distributor? and what are the numbers for the 1600 distributor?

cheers.

Sign in to follow this