• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kala

Twin Webber Carbs- Advice Needed Please

kala

hi there just purchaced a set of 40 twin webber dcoe carbs and four branch mani fold

and inlet and slightly shody linkages (just look old ) and also have inline regulator fse

apparently all jets need replacing and just wondering what jets i should use, there

are also no socks any ideas were to buy them from.its a standard 130 bhp 205 gti is

injection at the mo on h plate any advice best would be brill ie heat wraping

exhaurst what type do i use ??? thanks

tri_longer
hi there just purchaced a set of 40 twin webber dcoe carbs and four branch mani fold

and inlet and slightly shody linkages (just look old ) and also have inline regulator fse

apparently all jets need replacing and just wondering what jets i should use, there

are also no socks any ideas were to buy them from.its a standard 130 bhp 205 gti is

injection at the mo on h plate any advice best would be brill ie heat wraping

exhaurst what type do i use ??? thanks

Merlinmotorsport.co.uk do a range of ITG filter socks. Happy with them so far

Dazza

Kala ,you certainly will love the 205 with the 40's ,your in for some fun.The midrange torque gains are night and day in comparison to what its like now ,thats what i was told when my car was set up and ive not looked back since .

I have 45's on a full SBC spec engine and its a quick toy ,i have seen a posting recently re 40's on a 1.9 on the drivers forum ,maybe the info's there for you .I would take the car to skip browns or mikeanics to have it set up correctly .Some recommend using 45's over the 40's on a 1.9 ? however iam no expert on that but skip browns are ....

Edited by Dazza

Guest ashnicholls

Dont use filter socks, they have been known to be sucked into the engine.

PumaRacing

I have some excellent advice to at least start you off with. It's "Weber". One B.

chunkymonkey
I have some excellent advice to at least start you off with. It's "Weber". One B.

will having one "b" affect the mid range torque. B)

Guest ashnicholls

Get the carbs reconditioned if they have not been, then get it rolling roaded, thats the best advice can really give.

Daz_C

Don't waist your money on Filter Socks mate. Get a proper filter.

kala
Don't waist your money on Filter Socks mate. Get a proper filter.

k where do i get a proper filter from

how much is reconditioning

Sign in to follow this