• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
macaroni

Another Daft Tyre Question...

macaroni

This question is about my Matra, so please bear with me.

It has different tyre widths front to rear and the only tyres my local firm do that fit both sizes are Bridgestone RE720s and Uniroyal Rallye 550s. Which of these would you lot recommend?

OR... I could get some Eagle F1s for the front (185/60/14) and one of the above tyres for the rear.

Is that a good option or would it be better to keep the same make of tyre all round?

Any help gratefully received.

Antony

TurboSam

Personally I'd keep the same make all round.

Could you not buy the tyres online and get your local firm to fit them? As I've found theres a fair bit more choice then what my local tyre fitters can get.

macaroni

I tried that but I can't find F1s in the rear size. I looked on mytyres.

Sandy

The RE720's are in a another leaugue to the 550's for everything, i've run both; I wouldn't mix them. Sadly the RE720's are WSL so you might not be able to replace them.

macaroni

Thanks guys. WSL?

Thinking about it, I have RE720s on the front of my 205. They seem OK.

I'll go for them.

Sandy

While Stocks Last (sorry)

macaroni

Ah cheers. Strange then that when I wanted some for my 205, my local tyre place couldn't supply them, so I sourced them from mytyres and now I need 4, in 2 different sizes, they can get them overnight.

macaroni

Sorted, my local tyre place wil match the price I can get them from mytyres, plus fitting.

Cheers.

jackherer
OR... I could get some Eagle F1s for the front (185/60/14)

F1s in that size will be the older GSD2s not GSD3s so I wouldn't bother personally.

feb

I have recently fitted 4 RE720s to my 205 and I am very happy. The have harder sidewalls than the previous Exaltos which means less comfort but when turning you have better feel.

Sandy

What size are you using feb? Were the old ones Exaltos or Exalto2s?

Edited by sandy309

feb
What size are you using feb? Were the old ones Exaltos or Exalto2s?

195/50/15

Previous ones were ExaltosII, which being softer were a bit more grippy than the bridgestones but the rear end comes out more easily now.

P.S. reducing a bit pressures on the RE720s makes comfort better and handling a bit more progressive i think, anyone else has noticed that?

Edited by feb

Sign in to follow this