• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest lambrosj

Hi, Subframe Problem Help Please!

Guest lambrosj

Hi everyone.....

just wanna know if anyone has replaced there subframe on their 205 gti 1.9.

I know the engine mounts directly to the chasis and only stabilises onto the subframe so in thheory all i have to do is remove wishbones/steering rack/ARB and other lil things and WHALLA thats should be all???

can anyone inform me of any hidden time consuming niggly bits to this repair or any short cuts or ideas on how long it shou7dl take me to replace???

cheers!!!

jackherer

thats about it really, lining the steering column up when refitting is probably the most fiddly part.

why are you replacing the subframe?

Guest lambrosj

ok cool....

well im replacing due to a STUPID driver taking her out in the wet and overestimated the braking distance and got personal with a high kerb!!! :) ha ha ha!!!

oh well new wishbones bushes etc.... now jus subframe!!!

bren_1.3

bent subframe, bent shell no doubt?

Rob Thomson

Nah, I bent a subframe on my old 309 and that was the extent of the damage. Shell survived unscathed. Well, the new subframe lined up with all the mounts and getting it tracked on a laser thing afterwards showed all the wheels were in the correct places.

Of course, you might be less lucky...

Sign in to follow this