• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jeremy

Car Pulls To The Left When Accelerating

jeremy

Ok as per the title really.

I've changed the left wishbone, for another one I had in the shed (no idea of its true age or condition though) this seemed to help a bit, it wasn't quite like driving on custard anymore! Could the gearbox mount be the cause of my problem? I assume that if the mount was shot then it would put excessive strain on the left hand side wishbone. The right handside wishbone was replaced less then 1500 miles ago so at this point I decided to rule that out however I might be wrong in doing so. The rack has covered less than 10K and shows no obvious signs of play.

Any help gretfully appreciated.

jeremy

Thanks for the link. I would be very suprised at the driveshaft being faulty as both side were replaced about 5K ago with brand new ones.

sonofsam

Well then wishbone bush?~ as you say you've no idea of its condition!

Guest ep82chris

had the same problen a few months ago . i fitted new lower arm bushs and all is now well.

willxs

i bought a new driveshaft once that was faulty.

new inner lower arm bushes is your problem i think.

jackherer

have you had the tracking checked since changing all these parts?

Dan Ingram

I had the same problem recently. First thing to check is the tracking, even if its slightly out it can make a big difference.Also have the track rod ends checked while your at it. Then lower arm bushes and bottom ball joints. I put new lower arms and track rod ends on and had the tracking done and the car has been transformed.

saveloy

If it is pulling left, then it's the offside wishbone that will have the play.

Under acceleration it toes in you see. I had exactly the same problem and a swapped wishbone cured it.

Every now and again it will pull left, but it's mostly when my mate Raj is in the passenger seat. B)

pee vee

i fitted new lower arms and this solved the problem on mine B)

Edited by pee vee

Sign in to follow this