• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest andymckinnon

Strange

Guest andymckinnon

I was driving along the road the other day, just minding my own business and a pothole jumped out and flat spotted my rim which was most unfortunate but nothing a spare wheel cant fix.

But after i replaced the wheel and drove home, it wouldnt start the next morning.

It was one hell of a bang when i hit the hole. Its got spark but i cant smell any fuel on the spark plug? can anyone help?

It started at least twice after the bump but im presuming they are linked cause it started fine before hand...

futura

Can you hear the fuel pump running when you crank it?

Guest andymckinnon

i think i can, but im not 100% sure its supposed to sound like. i can hear something

sonofsam

If you diconnect the wire to the starter motor solenoid, then you will be able to hear for sure if the pump is priming or not.

Also check you have spark by taking out the plugs one by one and put them back in the lead's then earth them against the rocker cover to see if it sparks when you crank over.

Guest andymckinnon
Its got spark

I took it to an auto electrician and they said the distributor cap was the prob, something about a ballast.

Thanks for your help anyways :)

hafslund

Did you get the car fixed? sure you didn't "flat-spot" any of the fuel lines as well?

j_turnell

Try cracking off the 17mm that goes into the fuel rail and wizzin her over to see if you have fuel.

Guest andymckinnon

Its sort of fixed, (It starts)

when i accelerate sometimes it (i don't actually know if this is bogging down) but thats kind of what it feels like.

The car will jerk really bad just once and then be fine. (At about 3k rpm)

Could this be spark plug clearances cause the auto electrician guy said he changed one slightly to check something? I wouldn't think it could make the car do something so drastic?

Could it still be the distributor? and has anyone got any ideas how much it would cost to get a new one to a small town in Australia ;)

PS. he also said there was a big electrical power loss at the starter motor...

Sign in to follow this