• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
axnutty

Getting A Bit Confused - Have I Got This Right?

Guest payne3400
I wouldnt worry about it mate. I started off with the wrong engine mounts! ( 1.9 205 Top mount fits the block, but it looked well unsafe )

In the procees I threw out the original XU10 block mounting, but it was a blessing in disguise ( Thats the way I look at it anyway ) ( B) )

So of I went to the Breakers to see what I could find.Just look for the ones with the iron blocks and Top mounts with the big rubber bush, much like the 205 lower mount set up.

post-6977-1164832631_thumb.jpg

That mount is of 2.0 16 valve N/A 406 ( lots of them in there ) and will no doubt be on a few other models too.

The arm that attaches that to the body for this conversion came from a 306 XSI ( Ditto right above )

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/djs...am/DVC01372.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/djs...am/DVC01370.jpg

I cut off a big chunk ( above the alt.in that pic ) of that mount that was there for the PAS pump, and I had to do a big of jiggly with

the original bolt set up.The mount that swings and hold the Alt. from underneath is also a 205 item and bolted

straight to the engine block.

Ahh.

The mounts for my alternator are totally different and I was sent them by high flow heads.

I have a bracket at the bottom of the block that wraps round the sump, this is where the alternator bolts to, then an arm of a zx I believe, that bolts under the top engine mount, where the top of the alternator bolts to through an elongated hole for adjustment.

Only prob is I've got the 406 alternator and binned my 205 one, so not sure if the brackets will still fit. :blush:

Thanks for the help anyway, will prob be in touch soon. :lol:

Henry Yorke

I run a very late catted low compression CTI engine (XU9J1AZ or DFZ) engine in my CTI which only had 105 bhp from a 1.9. These have a different head and smaller valves and run 8.1 compression. The low comp is all in the head with the bottom end being like a normal 1.9. This is on Motronic 3.2 now and with the XU10J2TE exhaust manifold and turbo on it but with an XU9 inlet and throttle body. No AFM, no dizzy, just coil packed perfect idle!

TEKNOPUG

Just to confuse things, I have a XU9 with the pistons dished to give 8.5:1 CR, otherwise standard engine, AFM & Jetronic I too have perfect idle!

Sign in to follow this