• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
welshpug

309 Beam Differences?

welshpug

right, My goody has a suspect rear beam, angled in wheels but not seized.

I have priced up a set of bearings for it at peugeot and its gonna be about the £32 plus vat mark, but I was wonderign what the difference was between the 16v beam and the std beam used for all other 309's?, apart from one being £306 plus vat and the 16v beam being £380 plus vat :)

I know the torsion bars are the same as a GTi, but it uses a fatter ARB, but that doesnt affect the tube itself only the trailing arm tubes.

confused!!!!

inferno

Are those price for new beems ?! i remember getting a 4 figure quote from pug... ... also confused

welshpug

thats a price plus VAT for the crossmember alone, though they do come with bearings and outer seal covers already fitted.

Trailing arm Axles are about £50 each and the rest would be re-used.

Anthony

There's actually loads of differences with the 16v beam with most of the bits having different part numbers! If you've got the Pug Parts CD have a look and you'll see what I mean...

pug_ham

The 309 16v beam isn't the same as the GTi one, the TB's & ARB are both 1mm thicker & the radius arms are different as they have built in negative camber.

Like Anthony says though, check the parts cd for the full list of differences.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this