• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Gti6 Head Bolts

pugpete1108

just been to pick up the head bolts gasket and timing belt for my 6 from euro car parts and after looking at them the are about 15mm bigger than the originals and the haeds are different (star bits instead of torx) also the washer looks like its bigger in dia than the original ones too .

obviously these are wrong arent thay? f**king usless W**kers

check it out:

bolts2.jpg

bolts1.jpg

dommorton

I believe it depends on the year of the donor car. Both star and torx bolts were used through the life cycle of the gti-6 IIRC

pugpete1108
I believe it depends on the year of the donor car. Both star and torx bolts were used through the life cycle of the gti-6 IIRC

but these ones are not right ?, the donor was a xsara vts and i thought they were only made for one year , could be wrong though :)

welshpug

odd, GSF only list 2.0 16v bolts for the Xsara, none for the 306.

part no N01179, £17.50 plus vat before discount :)

and the only 10J4RS headbolt I could find on ECP was 300735040 HEAD BOLT SET 2.0 16V £17.33

pugpete1108
and the only 10J4RS headbolt I could find on ECP was 300735040 HEAD BOLT SET 2.0 16V £17.33

thats the set i have here (long ones) , just says 2.0 16v , a local company quoted two different ones each different lengths may give them a try

i dont want to use these ones i case i punch a hole in the block :)

Edited by pugpete1108

welshpug

err, nope! wouldn't use them, send em back, at a guess I'd say they were for the Std J4R lump but that was very similar, maybe not the case and these are incorrectly listed?

moral of the story? take an old one with you next time!

pugpete1108
err, nope! wouldn't use them, send em back, at a guess I'd say they were for the Std J4R lump but that was very similar, maybe not the case and these are incorrectly listed?

well yeah i really should stop putting my trust in people who are supposed to know the product they are selling to people , or at least know how to read a catalogue properly ^_^:) tw*ts

welshpug

lol, when I pulled up at the Cardiff branch in my 405, parked right in front of the biiig glass front, went in and asked for a coil pack on a P2 Mi16, the bloke had a blank look and asked what's an Mi16? :) needless to say I don't go there often and went back to trusty GSF the other side of town.

Edited by welshpug

Anthony

XU10J4R headbolts appear to be the same as XU10J4 (2.0 Mi16/S16) and I'd personally be suprised if the GTi-6 ones were different owing to the similarity between the R and RS engines. The bolts I've seen have all been the torx type, and I'd definately say to take back those bolts you were supplied!

Miles

dommorton right, Both types are used, The later star type used on most engines from 99 I;ve found, But they do look to long, I know even some of the 1.9 bolt's need a grind to get them to fit in the head.

welshpug

dommorton right, Both types are used, The later star type used on most engines from 99 I;ve found, But they do look to long, I know even some of the 1.9 bolt's need a grind to get them to fit in the head.

but are both types interchangeable, or do the original type need to be used?

Miles

They should be the same length, I know all the Iron block ones should be the same, they might be for the Alloy XU7J engine which uses the R type head

pugpete1108

well i take it all back ;) , turns out they were the wrong bolts just been put in the right box , if that makes sense :P

the part number was correct but after inspection on the computer at ecp ashford , the length and head type was wrong , got another set on order from wimbldon which will be here tommorow so we will see.

also got the head gasket ordered so everything is ready for putting it back together , then just the task of getting it out of my workshop/large cupboard , into the car and out the other end at my garage B)

Sign in to follow this