• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest doggybs

Funny Gear Box Noise

Guest doggybs

Hi All,

This morning my Mi16 developed a strange gearbox problem. In second / third gear, when I back of the throttle I get a bouncing grating noise, and load of vibration through the floor. Sound serious :-(. Changing gear and acceleration is fine, only when back of power.

Any ideas?

Cheers

James.

Guest doggybs

So basically happens when rolling in gear, ie upto junctions, etc.

jackherer

could be the exhaust hitting a heatshield... either because it needs readjusting or because the engine mounts are going soft.

Guest doggybs
could be the exhaust hitting a heatshield... either because it needs readjusting or because the engine mounts are going soft.

Nar, isn't that. The car is actually bouncing / jerking while its make the grating noise. Its very strange.

Guest doggybs

After further investigate its prob the drive shaft or sumit courseing the problem. I just jump to the worst conclusion.

Cheers for your input.

Thanks

James

Guest doggybs

Jackherer, you the man. That was exacty what the problems was. Look how mashed this mount is.

mount.jpg

Cheers.

Sign in to follow this