• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jim21070

Buying Oil In Bulk

jim21070

If possible, I would like to buy oil by the 25 litre drum and have it delivered. My fleet can certainly justify a bulk buy. I also think it'll work out cheaper than buying by the gallon from the usual sources. I already buy filters in bulk.

Anyone know of a distributor who offers this kind of service and can anyone recommed an oil that will suit both the GTi and the diesels on the fleet as I don't really want to have two different types if I can help it. I change at 3000 mile intervals in all the vehicles so supreme longlivity is not an issue..

Thanks in advance.

miamistu

You spoken to oilman about it? I'm sure he'll be able to help you out. :)

smckeown

i buy in bulk from oilman, but that's race oil.

mi16nut

Jim, I buy a semi-synthetic 10W40, badged as Motrio, from my local Renault dealer; £20 for 20 litres :)

I tend to change every 1500 miles maximum (before a track day generally) & it seems to be fine. Certainly can't complain at £1 a litre! It goes in my 205, a Clio 1.2 & a diesel Scenic.

Mark.

oilman

10w-40 semi should be fine for all of the cars. I will sort a price and pm you.

Cheers

Guy.

jim21070
10w-40 semi should be fine for all of the cars. I will sort a price and pm you.

Cheers

Guy.

Thanks Guy, much appreciated :lol:

mi16nut

Can you beat a pound a litre Guy? :)

inferno

at work we buy 205 litre drums from vauxhall at around 180 a drum inclusive of vat, 10-40 semi synthetic and we use it for most derv and petrol aplications, and we buy thinner oil for cars with the need as and when there booked in. so at £1 a litre i really wouldnt complain as your supplier wont be making much out of it :)

Sign in to follow this