• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
CaptainP

1.9 Gti Kangaroo Effect

CaptainP

Hi, I had my 1990 1.9 rebuilt last month due to a head gasket blowing. The head was totally shot so I picked up a second hand one (matched the roman numerals inscribed etc). Now when driving it, at certain revs I get the dreaded kangaroo effect that many people have experienced with the 205. I did have this once before but by cleaning out my K&N it seemed to sort it. When the car is having an "episode" it feels like the throttle pedal is pulling up and down. Could this be a slack throttle cable or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Any suggestions? Cheers

sonofsam

HI:)

here is a Link to the search results on 'Kangaroo' lol .Im sure the answer will be in there somewhere:D

Good luck!

luggy

Throttle cable would be the first thing I'd check, how old are the spark plugs, leads, and dizzy cap and rotor? as well as engine mounts?

CaptainP

Thanks guys, I'll work through the results and see what's amiss.

And Engine mounts are 2 years old, the rest is a month old. Water in the leads and plugs (except rotor) after the head gasket went, thought it was best to replace it.

Cheers for the info.

christopher

This is more then often the AFM

Sign in to follow this