• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Trick

Over-fueling

Trick

I've recently had my pug conversion finished (well sort of...) and its running like a pig because it needs a proper RR setup (which is booked for tuesday).

I was told it was over fueling....and therefore the limiter is set to 6000rpm.

I got the car back yesterday and drove it for a brief test 1 mile (up to 4.5k revs) seemed ok

Today I took it out merely to test the brakes ive just fitted, and when i accelerate beyond 1500rpm it sounds bloody awful, as though its continually hitting the limiter - a kind of spitting misfiring sound. Hard to explain. So i ease off...darent give it anymore revs.

Ive had the plugs out and they had some carbon on - indicating the over fueling. However they werent that bad. After id cleaned them the car still drove the same.

I need to drive the car to the RR on tuesday (35 miles ish), and i dont fancy doing that with only a few revs - or if its likely to f**K the engine.

Weird thing is, it didnt do it on yesterday, but now it does it all the time. no idea what it is, just wondering if it is purely over fueling?

Trick

hmm, just wondering if my limiter has cut in at a lower rev. it was set to 6k - and the sound when it hits the limiter is similar to what it is doing now.

have to check it tomorrow night.

hodgy

im having that problem too and when i get to bout 5.5k it seems to die a lil bit but sounds like a slight missfire when i accelerate also my limiter comes in where ever it wants when eve it wants sometimes 5k sometimes 6.2k depends how it feels im stumped(sorry to jump in on ur thred but seen as were having the same kinda troubles, im also getting 50mile to £10)

Trick

i dare not even rev it higher than 2.5k, as it doesnt sound healthy

Trick

After speaking with MP, it could actually be under fueling?

I have upped the reg to 4 from 2 (progressively) and im not aware it was made any difference.,

When driving, if i just use low revs i can get up to 40-50mph...but i cant exceed that without it making the stuttering sound. or hammer the accelerator.

I have a RR session tomorrow, so im worried now that they will say my pump is fubar'd. I cant afford another trip to the RR!!!

I WANT TO PLAY IN MY MI and i CANT!!!

• Like 1

smckeown

are you sure it's not misfiring ? always worth ensuring the electrical components are in top condirion before going to the RR, there's a good RR preparation article on puma's website

Trick

No im not.... but have no idea what to check. all plugs seem ok and the leads are all on.

i expect everything to be in top condition particularly as the conversion has

only just been completed and i paid enough for it!

Sign in to follow this