• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Anyone With A Gti6 Installed And Running?

pugpete1108

a recent post of mine threw up a new problem with re-timing my 6 engine and fitting a new belt.

dommorton said that a common problem with the lower pulley, is the rubber bush moving and thus putting the timing out when a new belt is fitted , although i am convinced this is not the case on mine i just want to be sure before running it without having it timed properly.

can anyone with a 6 fitted and running measure the angle from the crank shaft key to the locking pin hole on the pulley as below picture .

hopefully this will tell me if the outer part has twisted round as i dont really want to go and spend 55 bucks if i dont need to

cheers guys.

newpulley.jpg

Dixon

Mine's in and running but don't think I can see that in situ. I'll see if I can dig out some pics later that I took before and after my belt change while it was out of the car.

dommorton

I'd change it to be sure

Or get a new one to time it up then return it :wub:

pugpete1108
Mine's in and running but don't think I can see that in situ. I'll see if I can dig out some pics later that I took before and after my belt change while it was out of the car.

if you could mate it would be great :)

and dom i was thinking of that myself , or even taking mine down and comparing them :)

ooooh cheeky

welshpug

just take yours down to peugeot and ask! nowt cheeky bout that!!!

pugrallye

used to see them completely disintegrate on 306's when i used to work at a franchise! cant you use a dial gauge to get piston on tdc??

pugpete1108
used to see them completely disintegrate on 306's when i used to work at a franchise! cant you use a dial gauge to get piston on tdc??

the pistons are on mid stroke on all four cylinders when the timing pin is in , and going by an article i found on the gti6 forum that is correct.

also you can line them up using the crank keyway and this also lines up correct so i think i got lucky this time :blink:

Sign in to follow this