• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SPGTi

Using 195/60/15 Tyres

SPGTi

Anyone used the above sized tyres ? It is for my road rally car and they are a gravel/tarmac hybrid tyre and only come in this size or 185/65/14.

Ride height is std (maybe slightly higher), I am not averse to trimming body work and I have coilovers up front so maybe a bit more room than with fixed pan suspension.

Any idea how much the size differs(621mm diameter) from 185/55/15 knobblies (these are bigger than 185/55/15 road tyres).

Steve

Craigb

What tyre are they Steve

IIRC I tried this size in a colway and they just rubbed on the inner arch all the time.

I'll try and have a look what size they were .

SPGTi

I am looking at some Dunlop A2's. spec is diameter 621mm, width227mm. They are an e marked gravel/tarmac tyre specificaly designed for single venues. Thought they would be ideal for road rallies. I am struggling to get some A021s at the right price. I don't like knobblies so thought these would be better than std road tyres which I normally use.

Steve

Craigb

Just checked and they were 185 65 15 with a heavy sidewall reinforcement

I think it was the sidewall that was the issue, so scrub any of my comments

Edited by Craigb

SPGTi

When it stops raining I will go to the "wheel store" and measure my knobblies. If they are close I will maybe go for them.

Steve

Faz85
Anyone used the above sized tyres ? It is for my road rally car and they are a gravel/tarmac hybrid tyre and only come in this size or 185/65/14.

Ride height is std (maybe slightly higher), I am not averse to trimming body work and I have coilovers up front so maybe a bit more room than with fixed pan suspension.

Any idea how much the size differs(621mm diameter) from 185/55/15 knobblies (these are bigger than 185/55/15 road tyres).

Steve

185/55/15 = 580(ish) diameter (IIRC), but with knobblies on, i'd add about 10mm extra to that so say 590mm

185/65/14 = 600mm

Faraz

Edited by Faz85

Sign in to follow this