• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
feb

Coolant Pipes For 8v

feb

Hi,

I am looking to replace all coolant pipes (apart from the one that connects the thermostat to the radiator and the metal one that have been done recently).

Could someone help me to verify if these part numbers are correct , I want to avoid ordering the wrong ones and the dealers often get things wrong. These are for a 1991 1.9 with PAS retro fitted (no coolant pipes moved due to this).

From the parts cd http://stuartmcguire.co.uk/pug/ i have found the following so far:

- Models since 1991 -> Engine equipment ->

[13E] RADIATOR WATER HOSE WATER TANK -> [13E50A]INJECTION XU EXCEPT XU5M:

(2) not sure which one, XU9J1, XU9JAZ or...??

(4) 1307 R9 01 SINCE 09/1990

(items 1, 3, 5 have been done before)

[13G] WATER CIRCULATION HOSE -> 13G50A INJECTION XU EXCEPT XU5M (my tank is a phase 2 which is not displayed here so I am unsure about this..):

(4) 1351 19 01 - RIGHT HAND DRIVE

(5) 1351 03 01 - RIGHT HAND DRIVE W/O ABS BRAKES

(7) 1415 A1 01 WTR OUTLET HOSE

(8) 1351 26 01 - RIGHT HAND DRIVE

Have I missed anything?

How easy are these to do and is it worth doing them all (hoping i could avoid doing some in obscure places if it's not a common failure :wub: )

Thanks a lot ;)

Edited by feb

welshpug

would cost about the same for a complete samco kit!!

theyre all pretty straightforward but have some spare hose clips as your current ones are likely to be in a state, and a stanley knife to cut off the stubborn ones, best to cut the hose than break anything!

a jut of hot water and some washing up liquid helps a lot too, the water to make the hose a bit more flexible and the washing up liquitd as a lube to aid sliding them on :wub:

feb

The problem is I need to do these next week so I have no time to order samco.

Can someone shed some light which is the number (2) pipe for:

[13E] RADIATOR WATER HOSE WATER TANK -> [13E50A]INJECTION XU EXCEPT XU5M: xxx?

Also, in the pic for "[13G] WATER CIRCULATION HOSE" it shows a ph1 expansion tank; are the pipes the same for the same for the ph2? These are my main concerns...

Edited by feb

Edp

I thnk the coolant pipes are the same for phase 1 and phase 2. Basically the bottom hose on the expansion goes to the main water union on the block, the long skinny hose goes to the top left hnad side of the rad and the slighty fatter pipe goes to the throttle body.

Hose number 2 in that picture is for the late cars with remote oil coolers. Its the largehose between the rad and stat but with two legs down to the cooler unit.

HTH

Ed

welshpug

if you order from places lie rally design you'll get them next day!

welshpug

i once priced up some dealer supplied std coolant hoses, got halfway and was already close to the price of a samco kit complete, and they're just plain rubber hoses with a single ply of nylon, not the silicon double nylon like samco!!

Sign in to follow this