• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest powerslider

Loud Exhaust System

Guest powerslider

Hi guys, i have just fitted a Sportex system to my 1.6 gti.This sounds great on the outside, not to loud but just a nice deep noise.

The problem is inside the car, over 40 mph you can't here yourself think because of it booming inside.

Would fitting a sound proof material in the boot floor help do you think? or any other ideas would be great.

I love the system but on a jouney of any lenght it gets very tiring, not had this problem with other cars i have fitted systems to.

Cheers guys

Paul

Grim.Badger

Have you not still got the original sound proofing in the boot? If not then definitely fit some; the parcel shelf is also a surprisingly good sound insulator :P

Guest powerslider

The boot has its original boot carpet and i have a new parcel shelf but its still far to boomy. 15 years ago this would have been great, but now its a bit to loud inside for my taste.

As i said have fitted lots of systems to many different cars but have never had this problem brfore, it maybe just the type of system it is i suppose.

welshpug

ive put dynamat fatmat on the boot floor adn some foil backed stuff on the underside of the parcel shelf, soo much of a difference that I now put the windows down to hear the induction noise :P

pug_ham

Stick with the standard Peugeot system, most aftermarket ones just make it sound faster but in actual fact sap power.

Graham.

Guest powerslider

Will try some dynamat in the boot, failing that will go back to standard. Only fitted it because when i bought the car it had a stupid back box on which sounded dreadful and was not letting the car rev. This system was only about 6 weeks old and a very good price so i put it on, the car revs to 6k so quickly now its amazing.

Cheers guys

Paul

Sign in to follow this