• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mark87

Xu7 Jp4 1.8 16v Upgrades

Guest mark87

Hi there; I have a 1.8 16v 306. :D

I have searched and found some info on this engine, but what's the best (by that I mean easiest/cheapest) method to get more power from it?

If what I've read is correct, I think GTi6 cams and manifold will fit?

Are there any other methods to unleash a few more ponies?! Preferably anything which is DIY-able as the lack of money is the biggest drawback for now! :P

Thanks in advance! :D

Sandy

I used GTi6 cams and exhaust manifold on mine with TB's, it make s a lovely engine. The GTi6 inlet manifold is also suitable with some fannying about, the regular 1.8 inlet is a serious restriction. The only trouble is, your ECU probably won't cope with these mods, so you'll need to look into aftermarket management or swapping to a GTi6 ECU and getting a remap done.

Guest mark87

Thanks for the help. :wub:

Is the exhaust manifold a bolt-on jobby or does it require some messing about with to get it to fit?

Out of interest, how much power is your engine making with the cams, manifold and TB's?

Sandy

I never had it in the rollers, but from the acceleration times and car weight, I estimated it to be around 155bhp. The Exhaust manifold from the GTi6 does bolt straight on, but you need the downpipe too.

Sign in to follow this