• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mos

Angle Of Lower Engine Mount Bush

mos

hi,

hopefully going to be fitting my new s16 engine next week.

as this is a road car i am going to try using the xantia petrol turbo lower bush first to limit movement but retain comfort, if this doesnt work well enough i will have to concede defeat and use a group N jobbie.

what is the best angle to mount the bush at to limit movement on a 16 valver, is the same as with an 8 valver?

what i am talking about is the solid rubber sections that connects to the outer ring of the bush.

should i mount it vertically like this (l) or horizontally (-) or even diagonally like this (\) or this(/).

sorry i am not explaining this too clearly but i hope you understand what i am talking about!

on my 8 valve with a magnex system and manifold i tried a couple of different options, at first i mounted vertically (l) but the exhaust hit the floor on hard acceleration, when i mounted it hortizontally (-) i had no problems and never needed to mount the uprated bush that comes with the system.

i am hoping something similar works for the 16v

thanks

mark

Edited by mos

pug_ham

It should be the same direction as the 8v which is vertical when on the car, they are mean't to be fitted in a specific direction but turning them or blocking the gaps with sealant makes a cheap stiffer mount.

Graham.

Higgy

Here is the angle I picked:

P1010194.sized.jpg

Higgy.

mos

thanks guys

higgie the way you have mounted yours is the way i have mine on my 8valve

i think that is how i will mount it, at the end of the day i cant really see a 16v engine moving any differently to an 8v apart from perhaps the more powerful 16v will move with one force hence the stiffer mount

Higgy

I'm running a 1.9 Mi, the bush is Citroen turbo one. Both top mounts are now Baker Bushes.

Before I fitted the uprated top mounts the main problem was the engine moving after backing off the throttle after high rpm, but that was mostly the exhaust hitting the bodywork. Also you could feel the cam cover on the master cylinder through the brake pedal when turning tightly.

Higgy.

Dazza

Mos you'll have to take me for a spin when its finished mate.

Super Josh

Higgy, what is the vibration like with that mount? I have the Grp N one (I think) and that is quite irritating at idle.

Josh

mos
Mos you'll have to take me for a spin when its finished mate.

no probs mate

picking up the engine and throttle bodies tomorrow from QEP

the project gets under way next week will completion hopefully before christmas

Higgy
Higgy, what is the vibration like with that mount? I have the Grp N one (I think) and that is quite irritating at idle.

Josh

With the standard top mounts it was fine. With uprated top mounts there is now quite a bit of vibration. i.e. the dash, sun visor etc are all making noises. Oh and the rear view mirror dances about also ;)

Although its fine when your above 40mph/2750rpm ish. You mainly notice it in slow traffic or like you said at idle.

Higgy.

Sign in to follow this