• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Edd-XS

Shorter Mi Tb To Afm Hose?

Edd-XS

Ive just ordered up a silicone hose from SFS which is a 90mm opening one end, and a 70mm opening on the other. I plan to use this instead of the original TB to AFM hose now that my Mi is in as its a fair bit shorter in overall length, which should allow me to locate the filter directly behind my morette cold air feed.

Aside from the obvious lack of oil breather joiners (do both these breathers need connecting?) are there any problems with doing this?

Cheers guys! will post pics when its done :o

Edd

pug_ham

One of the breathers is for the ICV & tbh they are there for a reason.

It shouldn't be hard to make the holes for them anyway.

Which end is for the TB? Neither sound big enough as the Mi TB is oval (70mm x 110mm).

Graham.

Edd-XS

I took the old hose into work today, and a duck tape roll exactly 90mm in diameter fitted into the tb end perfectly :o

70mm should fit the afm perfectly too.

No matter about the oil breathers, where theres a will theres a way! Ill get 'em in there!

Edd

pug_ham
No matter about the oil breathers, where theres a will theres a way! Ill get 'em in there!

I use a piece of BMX 1" seat post with an edge filed on to cut through the original inlet pipe to make the induction shortener with a block of wood inside so you have something to stabilise it.

Graham.

Edd-XS

Ahh good idea graham cheers :o looks like ill be using some of the guys tools up in the bikehut at work!

Edd

Baz

How much is this silicone hose Edd??

Keep us posted how it goes! :o

Edd-XS

To me, £15 :o

To you? not sure, bout £20, if people want a bulk buy let me know how many and I can sort it out. Good bunch of guys down there at SFS :D

Edd

Miles

THE ICV can just vent into the air via a small filter, That's how my S16 is with the GTi6 Inlet, So that's only one hole to make

Edd-XS

Oh ok nice :P

stupid question now, which one is the ICV? Im trying to re-assemble an engine I didnt take apart so figuring out what goes where exactly is abit of a chore! lol

Thanks for the help guys :D Im guessing the main problem I thought I might have is by having the AFM too close to the TB and causing turbulence or something wierd like that :s guess not tho :D

Edd

pug_ham

This picture any good?

taffycrook1.jpg

It should be the back of the two spigots on the inlet pipe.

If its the same as the 8v then the oil breather one will have a smaller central hole on the spigot & the ICV will be full size.

Graham.

Edd-XS

That pictures brilliant mate thanks! I guessed the narrow hole one was for oil breather so its all starting to make sense in my head now!

Day off today so better get out there and get crackin :wub:

Thanks again

Edd

hman205

Im currently shortening my BX inlet hose to fit better

i have got some 106mm heat shrink sleaving and a 205gti top mount and have taken out about 4" in length while also retaining all the hose take offs ,

will try putting some pic's up tonight

Sign in to follow this