• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yeti-dj

More Mi16 Wiring Questions

yeti-dj

Hello have done a search but couldnt find the answer, be good to get more info before i do this.

The car is a 1991 205 gti 1.9 and have fitted the MI16 engine in already and its running fine on the 1.9 wiring but want to change it to the correct MI16 loom but need to get a few things clear first.

I have got the MI16 loom already out of the car but i didnt do this so no idea where all the plugs connected to but can easy figure this out,

problem 1:- 405 loom has the brown and black plugs at one end and the ECU plug at the other, will this not be a pain in the 205 or is the 205 loom simialr?

problem 2:- the 405 loom has alot of different numbers on the wiring at the end where the brown and black plugs are compared with the guide i have found, does any one know of an alternate wiring guide?

problem 3:- the 405 loom has a bunch of fuses and relays in it but i cant fine these mentioned in any fitting guide, are these needed.

number 4:- going by this would i just be easier making a new loom from scratch by copying the pattern of how the 205 loom looks but using the 405 loom.

everyone says this is easy but looks like a right pain to me, but suppose when i get the 205 loom out all will be clearer, i hope.

cheers and sorry for so many questions......alan

Edited by yeti-dj

pug_ham

The brown & black multiplugs in the 405 loom are best totally removed imo, just use the sensor looms from the 205 & slice the required wires into the 205 loom. Just find the wire numbers you need, 76, 112, 2 & 74 for the K-light.

The whole of the 205 ecu loom can be removed.

The relays & fuses in the 405 loom are either fuel pump or injection relays so they are needed. One of the fuses will be for the fuel pump, I removed this & use the standard 205 fusebox one.

The loom plugs are mastered so they can't be wrongly fitted iirc.

Graham.

yeti-dj

cool, cheers for that will get cracking once i have got the diesel going this weekend.

thanks, alan

Sign in to follow this