• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
oli-pug

Cheap Induction Mod For The 8valvers

oli-pug

dunno if its made much of a difference, i'm on a quest to get more air to my filter!

just used some old induction feed pipe that was lying around

DSC01300.jpg

DSC01304.jpg

tom_m

not to put a downer on it but that'll be shrouded by the bonnet when its shut.

if you look below the top slat of the grill there is a piece of moulding blanking off where the OE air feed used to be. I've cut this out and shoved some induction piping down there so it gets some positive air flow

sonofsam

post-6977-1163518295_thumb.jpg

Thats what you really want :ph34r: , however, not cheap ^_^

You could always take a feed from lower down the valance where the air will be colder anyway :)

oli-pug

i see what you're saying tom but from what i can see and is also shown in "sonofsams" picture, there should be air gettin through that gap...

my theory is the air will be pressurized due to it squeezing through a tighter space :)

maybe im talking b0ll0cks! lol :ph34r:

smckeown
not to put a downer on it but that'll be shrouded by the bonnet when its shut.

I don't think so...

grill_cut.jpg

more_air.jpg

hengti

aren't you missing your slam panel there though?

Normski
i see what you're saying tom but from what i can see and is also shown in "sonofsams" picture, there should be air gettin through that gap...

my theory is the air will be pressurized due to it squeezing through a tighter space :)

maybe im talking b0ll0cks! lol :ph34r:

Kind of.

It'll work because the air pressure at the front of the bonnet (as the car moves forward) will be higher than that of the air in the air filter area. It's not as effective as a straight path though. ^_^

Shevy
post-6977-1163518295_thumb.jpg

Thats what you really want :P , however, not cheap :(

You could always take a feed from lower down the valance where the air will be colder anyway ;)

Is that your car with the air feed in the light ?

I actually like the look of that, looks sort of aggresive :D

sonofsam

That's Edd-X's Car:)But I made the Air feed:D

dee205

Why not get a smooth pipe with a bend in it and poke the air filter out the light hole!

sonofsam

Yeah that would be good, but Im unsure on the legality of that for a road car anyway:)

Edd-XS

someone talkin bout me :o lol!

Im actually tempted to shove a green cotton out the light hole on sunny days anyway! dont see how plod can dislike it as 'all lights must be symetrical and of equal distance from the ground' so there wont be one on the other side, not sure what ill put there yet... fancy making another feed sam? lol

Edd

dee205

Stick one of those 'angel eyes' over the end of the filter. They can't do you for missing a light!

sonofsam
someone talkin bout me :wub: lol!

Im actually tempted to shove a green cotton out the light hole on sunny days anyway! dont see how plod can dislike it as 'all lights must be symetrical and of equal distance from the ground' so there wont be one on the other side, not sure what ill put there yet... fancy making another feed sam? lol

Edd

Swap yo for some SFS ;):P

Sign in to follow this