• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
base-1

Pas Pump/alternator Bracket Mounting

base-1

The other day whilst driving along the bottom bolt vibrated loose and fell out of my alternator bracket (the bottom bolt that holds it to the engine) - I didn't realise what had happened until the car died and I had pulled over to look. Now I'm looking at it from underneath to try and fix the bloody thing, but it doesn't appear to line up with any holes?

Can anybody explain where it's supposed to bolt on to me? Or maybe even have a picture? I'm sure it's just the way I was looking at it or something but I can't tell where it goes.

Cheers

Rich :lol:

Anthony

It bolts to the PAS pump itself - I know as it sheered off on my 309 at Anglesey a couple of months back leading to much cursing (and fine cable tie bodgery :lol:)

base-1

That's what I thought, under the PAS pump there's that bit that has 4 tapped holes in it, to hold the pump on.... I couldn't make it line up with either of the holes on the right side though, as it would hit the pump higher up.

Maybe I just need to look at it in daylight, I don't suppose you know what thread those holes are, M8 I'm kinda assuming?

madspikes
It bolts to the PAS pump itself - I know as it sheered off on my 309 at Anglesey a couple of months back leading to much cursing (and fine cable tie bodgery )

Snap! well almost, it was a 205 and it was at Keevil!

It can be a SOD to do. You can leave the PAS pulley on to do it, unless the bolt has snapped and not just dropped out. If you look at the from the pulley end, the bolt hole should be at about the 4 /5 o'clock position.

I discovered that all the PAS bolts were really brittle, so changed tham all. I also discovered they are the same as the bolts that hold the bonnett on!

If no one has posted anything, I'll try and dig out some pics i've got a home.

CLive.

base-1

Yeah I remember it being a pain to do on the engine stand so in the car will be even worse - I don't have the original bolt now either because I was driving so may well have to get the pulley off. Yippee...

Anthony

The pulley is easy to remove, so don't worry too much about that.

The reason you probably can't get it to line up Rich is because you've not loosened off the adjuster - if that's still tightened up then you'll find it difficult to manhandle the bracket into position against the weight of the alternator and tension on the belt.

base-1

Cheeky! The adjuster is undone all the way and the nut/stud that holds it to the alternator is also undone. I'll have a look at it in a bit and see whats what ;)

base-1

Sorted, was easier with the pulley off and it even started when I turned the key ;)

Sign in to follow this