• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest rick03054

My New Interior

Guest rick03054

I've been at this one for ages! The seed was planted about a year ago but intended for the dimma, so when I got the laser and it had a red carpet and phase 1 half leathers it just seemed logical to put it all in there.

I got the carpet off danpug on here and the rear seats and door cards on ebay. Then I picked up a few pretty shoddy sorrento seats with the material in good shape, which was ideal really as that was all I wanted!

I had the sorrento material retrimmed onto the Corbeaus then made a frame to attach them to subframes out of a 5 door since I don't need the reclining part anymore and the sears were FAR too high with them.

Couple of bits still to finish off, I have to glue the green carpet sides to the centre console and refit a couple of bits of trim. And I really want a green gearknob but they're not easy or cheap to get, so I've got a white one from a base model, maybe I can paint it?

Pretty sweet don't you think?

Interiorpics008.jpg

Interiorpics005.jpg

Edp

Looks great, ive never liked the idea of putting buckets in which look totally different to the rear seats. I bet it cost a pretty penny?

Ed

calvinhorse

yes yes and yes again they look awesome top job/idea

love it!

huckleberry

Looks great! I have one Recaro SR in my 205 gti with the black and blue 309gti16 trim on it. It somehow makes it look like a fabric option back then.

Tim

Guest rick03054

Cheers folks :)

I've got a phase 2 black dash too that I'm planning on putting in eventually. Not sure what to do about the steering wheel though, afftermarket or black gti one, with green lettering of course :). I had planned on a little black sparco job or the like but I've really come to like the standard one, any thoughts?

Banjo

err, it should have a black dash if its lazer..? Looks smart anyhoo, they look really comfy

Guest rick03054
err, it should have a black dash if its lazer..? Looks smart anyhoo, they look really comfy

Ah sorry, forgot to point that out, it's not an original laser. It's on an F and was resprayed that colour at some point. That's why it had a red carpet etc.

And yes they are soo comfy! And they hold you in so well round corners too, gives you more confidence and seems like you've had a suspension upgrade IMHO. I know it doesn't actually handle any better, you just feel better.

It's great, I just love it :)

feb

They look really nice :lol:

Dream Weaver

Top marks, they look brill :lol:

smckeown

yeah looks well smart, good choice of seat too, not too racey etc

tom_m

nicely done sir! :lol:

steve@cornwall

I like a lot..........

TEKNOPUG

Smart

GLPoomobile

You see that dog over there? Do you see it's bollocks? Those big, hairy, canine testicles protruding from his posterior, staring you down angrily! Well your interior is the equivilant of that, the complte dogs bollocks ;-)

greig

i think it looks terrible, what a waste of money...

nah, who am i kidding, looks ace mate, nice one!

DaveW

Thats one of the best interior mods ive seen in ages :wub:

Guest BrainFluid

Top dog dude :wub:

If you want a green gearknob just get hold of one with white numbers etc on. Match up a little pot of green paint get a wee brush and make it so dude.

Guest rick03054
Top dog dude ;)

If you want a green gearknob just get hold of one with white numbers etc on. Match up a little pot of green paint get a wee brush and make it so dude.

You read my mind! :wub:

Interiorpics010.jpg

Sign in to follow this