• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
foreigner

How Can I Lower Driver Seat?

foreigner

I am nearly 6 foot and wondered how can I lower the seat or what could i do to sit comfy?

Ryan

The easiest way would be to get the seat runners from a 5dr 205. They don't have the tilt-forwards mechanism, so the seat sits about an inch lower.

sonofsam

Yep plus you can also remove those four little plastic spacer blocks underneath the mountings.They're only about 10mm though.

welshpug

plus you're not even 6 foot! theres plenty of taller peeps that drive 205s and don't have any trouble, IIRC henry is 6'4" but he hasn't got a roof ;)

Baz

Shouldn't be too bad, I'm about 6'1 and fit ok, my dad is 6'4 tho, and rubs his head a little!! I suppose it also makes a difference depending at what angle you sit. Try just removing the said plastic spacers first. :)

Natasha

Im only 59 and I have problems with the seat height so I can emphasise. (Although husband is 6'5" and its tight! LOL) I've been meaning to take out the spacers for the last 7 years - will get rounds to it eventually! :)

Guest rick03054

Has anyone taken the spacers out and had it working ok? I forgot to put the spacers in once and when I put the seat forward it snagged quite badly on the carpet. May have just been a kink in the carpet from rushing but I put them back in anyway.

pacey205

No spacers on mine and it slides backwards and forwards with no issues, not that it gets moved alot generally when Im hovering it but still.

Michael

Higgy

I fitted 5-door slider on my driver seat today (for £2 its one of the best mods I have done!)

With the 5-door mechanism you lower the seat by 20mm ish, then I also removed the plastic spacers from the runners to body giving a further 10mm height reduction. :)

My seat slides back and forth ok without the plastic spacers.

Another way to reduce height further is to machine/angle grind down the 'built in spacers' on the seat belt buckle bracket, then use the 'thin' plastic spacers instead of the thicker ones. Or machine down the spacers and go even lower!

Higgy.

Ahl

Hey, im 5ft-shortarse and my big hair rubs on the sunroof surround and wrecks my style. :) :)

foreigner

excelent.

as soon as i fix the gearbox i'll do that.

Sign in to follow this