• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
crf450

Gti6 Immobilizer Problem

crf450

I've got a 306gti6 which decided to not start one day, as I'm not that hot on modern electics a mate has looked at it for me,after a lot of checking he seems to think the key has lost it's memory,apparently the 306 has a key that talks to the management every time the car needs to start,does anyone know the best and cheapest way to get a replacment key or any quick fix.

thanks Martin

smighall

Are you getting no fuel or spark?

I'd check the relays behind the battery box first and the fuel inertia switch isn't activated.

Haven't heard of any 306's just lose the signal for the immobiliser

welshpug

it is a very common PSA problem, though I havent heard of that many 306's suffering, also depends if you have it fitted but it may be the transponder aerial that sits around the ignition lock, very common on saxo's and 106's and I'm not sure if P3 306's had a similar thing fitted.

either way a dealer should be able to do a diag check, if you can get it there that is!

this happened to my mates 6 recently on a w plate after a flat battery

just kept cranking but no go and the central locking packed up

i will find out exactly what it was tomorrow, as i recall it was about 100 from pug a transponder box in the engine compartment

Ps still have to drop that hub and disc round to you !

adam

Sign in to follow this