• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
James_m

Mi16 Timing belt cover

James_m

Ok, for a 1.9 mi16.... On the timing belt cover you have the bit that goes behind the 2 pulley's, the main part that bolts to that, there is the small part that goes around the crank pulley, and the water pump seals of its own side of the timing belt area. My question is, what goes on the other opposite side of the timing belt area, or is it just open? a picture would tell a thousand words here, but i've got to go to work, so i shall get one tomorrow if nobody has a clue what i mean. Likely....

James.

Ryan

The small open space towards the front of the engine?

It gets filled in by part of the engine mount.

James_m

Cheers for that. i was worrying i had something missing.

James.

James_m

Well, i found out today there is an extra piece to the cover area, a metal plate type thing that bolts between the top of the water pump and the plastic cover that goes around the cam pulleys, but unless i can find my one i think i will just run with out :(

jonnie205

There is no metal plate. There should be plastic cover with slot on it that comes down and slots onto water pump but this is often broken off. It is all part of the cover behind the two pullies

Sign in to follow this