• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
feb

Peugeot Sport Ex-works Gearbox

feb

I have found a Peugeot Sport ex-works rebuilt gearbox (6-speed) with BV6 Synchro that someone is selling together with a LSD ZF Ul-trac and Grp.A driveshafts for 2500 euros.

He wants to sell them as a whole but I am only interested in the box, possibly the driveshafts (unless someone else from here wants the rest of the bits :lol: ). I think it's a good price for the lot, but what's the gearbox worth?

Thanks,

Edited by feb

pug_ham

Not really sure about the gearbox value but iirc you have to use the driveshafts with thatgearbox as the inner ends are different.

If the gearbox is the same as the one listed in an old PTS catalogue I have they were £4,950 + vat new & you have to have the driveshafts to fit the ZF diff which were £700 each. :lol:

Sounds well worth it imo for 2500.

Graham.

edit; post #10,000 ;)

Edited by pugtorque

Guest Fangoria

i was offered the same sort of box last year with zf shafts for £1250

Hilgie

Yes, you have to use the driveshafts as well as the ZF diff is different to a normal diff.

feb

So it seems there is no way I can use my Quaife in this gearbox then?

Buy it all all leave it seems like!

welshpug

yup, I'd have the whole lot if i could afford it at all! you can always sell the quaife or put it in another car!

is it shorter than the be3/6 then? perfect for a 205 if it is :D

Miles

The ZF Diff is unique as the crownwheel fit over the complete unit unlike say Tran'X' Quaiffe you can use std Crownwheels, I think the later BE Diff uses the same length inner cup/spline as the ZF so a cheaper way instead of paying £700.00 for a shaft

Should be a nice Ratio box thou, unsuited to the road

Hilgie

The ZF diff is also an LSD, although a bit different technically than a Quaiffe.

Robsbc
The ZF diff is also an LSD, although a bit different technically than a Quaiffe.

Hi Fivos,

I presume your not selling your car now? That's twice this year you've tried to sell...

Rob

feb
Hi Fivos,

I presume your not selling your car now? That's twice this year you've tried to sell...

Rob

Hi Rob,

tbh I would like to keep it. Depends if I have the space.

It would be ideal to keep it for fun (as I used to in UK) and get another car for run around.

The problem is I need sth more practical for long journeys etc and I can't find a good modern compromise!

At the moment I will definetely be keeping it till January if not longer (unless someone comes up with the cash :D)

The question is whether the 8V will benefit from such a box at all; a Mi would definetely do.

I have no idea about ratios; waiting to hear back from him.

Edited by feb

pug_ham

Just lookedat the PTS catalogue again & there are two possible final drive's & a different diff.

They are both six speed but one is a dogbox & has a different FD, 12 x 57 instead of 13 x 68.

The diff is a ZF plate diff modified for use with standard driveshafts & cost £5,700 + vat.

Graham.

Miles

There is a company in France that builds a 6 speed dog box into a 5 speed casing, Sent 2 boxes off for this conversion, Not cheap thou

Hilgie

I suppose 5th and 6th gear will be very narrow cogs then?

pug_ham

Those final drives are;

• 12 x 57 = 4.75:1 FD
  • 13 x 68 = 5.2:1 FD

On a close ration box they be nasty on a road car imo. Get the MBE instead Fivos.

Graham.

Sam

Did you buy this in the end?

Sign in to follow this