• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stufarri

Heated Mirrors

stufarri

I fancy getting some of these for the winter.

Does the standard loom have plugs for these to be attached to or will it need modifying?

Apparently there were standard on Gentry models and some 309s and work with the heated rear window.

Any advice would be appreciated, especially if some of you have carried out this mod.

Stu

stufarri

Mmmmmmm....

Looks like I'm on my own with this mod then.

I take it that no-one else has gone for these?

Stu

hengti

i didn't know that any of the 205/309 range ever came with heated mirrors - but guess it must be possible to make something up if they didn't. i'd say it'd be a fair bit of work though. might just be easier to buy a pair of suitable mirrors from something else and try and make them fit to the 205 doors.

can anyone with a parts CD check for 205/309 heated mirrors? would they be on the parts CD?

sorry - not really much help! maybe just stick to spending a few seconds scraping the ice off before you set off!

Edited by hengti

tom_m

they might have been standard on the scandinavian models, i know they got other nasty condition measures like head light washers as standard.

ORB

I have one (a drivers side one)

They do indeed exist

Phil H

I have a pair on my car...you would need the Gentry loom to plug and play...I have simply tapped mine into the heated rear window circuit.

They get very hot too !!!

mos

where would you buy these from (peugeot only!)

anyone any idea od cost i imagine it would be a bit horrendous!

breakers would probably be near impossible to source

Sanchez

They pop up on ebay every now and then. A set I was watching the other week went for £27

welshpug

its only the glass and wiring thats specific to them so it should be easy to wire in, source the glass from pug.

Guest effbet

On my 309, both mirrors are heated, coming on with the rear screen. The wiring is separate from the main loom. Power comes from a single single spade on the fuseboard.

Since 205 & 309 boards are similar,it might be worth trying the heated screen switch and seeing if you get power to the single spade located above and just to the left of the main power to the fuseboard?

Sign in to follow this