• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
inferno

Turbo Technics/love Collector

inferno

is there a prefered choice from these two manifolds if money wasnt important?

Does the tuned lenth that DP offer actually have a measurable performance advantage on a sub 300 BHP moter? Will the TT manifold handle 300 BHP?

Does anybody have pictures of the pipework and space around the turbo area to compare the TT to the standerd pug/cit manifolds?

Hilgie

The Love Collector V2 is an equal length manifold, whereas the TT is logstyle. I'd go for the Love Collector anytime, much better than a logstyle one.

Doof

How much better is better though? What sort of % power increase could potentially be had using the DP item?

Is it really worth the extra £200-300?

TEKNOPUG

It's worth £300 if you an afford it.

Depends how much power you want - 250+ should be feasible with the TT - it can't be that restrictive. You just probably see more power from the same mods/boost with the V2 but how much is the question? I would have though £300 spent on a better turbo would be more beneficial.

Hilgie

Well, it depends. With the same turbo you'll have more power and less lag with the LC2 manifold. To get the same power on a TT manifold you could buy a bigger turbo. But you'll still have a bit more lag.

TEKNOPUG

Yep - horses for coures really. If someone wants to lend me a V2 then I'll do some back to back tests....... :rolleyes:

Guest andy309goodwood

hummm

i have a turbo tec manifold at the mo how ever the lcv2 does look nice another option which has been born from info iv read on the forum is a tuned lenth manifold for a nissan 200sx with the flange cut off and a pug one welded on

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-240s...054736712QQrdZ1

thats the link for what im thinkking about

any idea,s

inferno

i know from my pulsar manifolds that that flange could probably be modded to fit the head, but yes a new flange at the worst and it looks like it might fit...

$550 ish including shipping?! including a turbo?! bargain

theres similar manifolds alone for around 150 new in the uk. where the turbo sits on the manifold, would there be any harm in an extended bolt on section to raise the turbo and tilt to the correct positiong on the 205? i dont think they would be a straight fit.

Edited by inferno

peter

WHAT!! $410 for a turbo and manifold! I think for cheap performance we have all bought the wrong car :D

However i would have thought the V2 would be far superior to the cast block tt manifold

Guest andy309goodwood

with the nissan manifold i think i would invert it to sit above the rocker cover like the lcv2 this shou;d but it britty central in the engine bay close to the dizzy end

works out about £260 inc shipping to the uk for maifold and a gt28rs (well nissan copy ) figure for that money its wiorth trying then if/when it goes pop shell out for the real think lol

Malachy
with the nissan manifold i think i would invert it to sit above the rocker cover like the lcv2 this shou;d but it britty central in the engine bay close to the dizzy end

works out about £260 inc shipping to the uk for maifold and a gt28rs (well nissan copy ) figure for that money its wiorth trying then if/when it goes pop shell out for the real think lol

do a google search for ssautochrome and youll find out why it is cheap.

quality sucks the turbo is made in taiwan by monkeys and the manifold cracks after 30mins of use.

Guest andy309goodwood

holy crap

cheers for the tip

Malachy
holy crap

cheers for the tip

no probs i looked into using one of there manifolds a while back like you were, done a quick google and revealed a whole load of horror stories from honda boys/nissan etc etc etc i guess we havent heard of them as they dont make stock pug parts

Sign in to follow this