• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
peter

2.0 Turbo/gti 6 Rev Counter

peter

Just a quick question that i cant find the answer to using the search,

I know that you need four diodes comming from each section of the coil pack to feed the rev counter however where do i connect them?,i asume that it would be the low tension side of the coil pack that is a 3pin plug with a smoothing capacitor (i think) so do i just connect 3 or maybe just 2 diodes to these and then to the rev counter? I hve studied the wiring diagram but can't quite figure it out.

Cheers

pug_ham

There is another way

TBH I can't see why there are four diodes, the rpm signal is fed from the ecu on the 2.0l turbo & GTi-6 are fed direct from the ecu so only one or two should be needed or suitably modifed rev counter as linked to above.

Graham.

sonofsam

Have also read somewhere that you use a Tacho head from a 205/309 TD and take a feed from the Gearbox speed sensor.How true this is I dont know?

pug_ham
Have also read somewhere that you use a Tacho head from a 205/309 TD and take a feed from the Gearbox speed sensor.How true this is I dont know?

I've got one but as yet I've not tried it out.

Graham.

sonofsam

Yes Me too:)Seem to be doing OK without a rev counter at the moment.

pug_ham

I got a working one from an MP3.1 ZX that fitted straight into the 205 clocks with no extra work except moving one wire.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this