• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jim205GTI

More Mi Wiring

jim205GTI

Right having found several matching wire numbers on the glovebox brown multiplugs as on the plugs by the drivers footwell i am getting slightly confused. The car is an f reg so i know there is a good chance that it is a hybrid of old and new :blink: But where all the wires match, and i am sure from the drivers footwell plugs they all went off into the engine bay, i got a funny feeling a previous owner has changed the loom -_- To work out which ones which would it be easier to work from the wires down from the dash clocks and see to which set of plugs it leads.........

With the phase 1 where the sensors go through the passenger side would this include the alternator wire? On the later cars does some of the sensor loom pass throught the glovebox ( maybe via the fusebox :D:P ) then back to the drivers footwell :P

I got a free day wednesday and i think i know what i will be doing ;)

pug_ham

If you have the brown multiplugs for the engine loom (coil etc) in the drivers footwell I'd make the connections there. Quite a few of the connections originate at the fuse box which explains why you have them there as well.

The guages, starter & alternator wires run through the left side on the earlier cars but if you have two brown multiplugs by the heater matrix it is possible one of them is for the sensor, starter & alternator loom. The sensor loom runs under the dash to the drivers footwell on later cars iirc.

Graham.

jim205GTI

Cool thank you!! i did think so but i just wanted to make sure ;) wednesdays task is now set.....have to dig out the old soldering iron again :D the only plug which i could find coming out the passenger side was one which had 3 wires , red, blue and white but of course the numbers had rubbed off :blink:

Sign in to follow this