• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
matt205xs

Strange Exhaust Sounds

matt205xs

started up my 205 mi this morning to hear some strange noises from my exhaust,

1 being in the center box, its like a rumble every couple of seconds, then the 2nd is the noise coming out of the exhaust was like a 'pita pita pita pita pita' :D

Anyone know what it could be?

Its a full Magnex System

hengti

'pita' and 'rumbling' - isn't that a kebab related issue - usually of a sunday morning - ?!

sounds more like it's engine related. there's not alot that can go wrong with the exhaust itself. check it's not loose and check the baffles aren't loose inside the boxes (you'll likely need to take it all off and give it a good shake to check this out). i think the magnex system is straight through (someone will correct if it's not) - have a look down it to make sure nothing has collapsed; this is simple enough with the rear box, but not so with the intermediate pipe.

Edited by hengti

matt205xs

lol!

its definately coming from the exhaust,

when you say engine problems what could it be?

hengti

sounds to me to be more likely that it's not running right

i must admit, the 'rumbling' noise has just got me stumped - but the 'pita pita' thing just sounds like like it might be in need of a tune up.

does it pull ok? idle ok?

matt205xs

yeh idles fine, im thinking it could be unburn fuel?

as its on bike carbs, i have a leafy fuel jet on one of the carbs,

its stumped me too, it only does it on idle, rev it and it doesnt get any loader,

hengti

have you got a stainless manifold?

have you altered any of the exhaust components recently?

only reason i ask is that stainless exhaust components (particularly manifolds) can sound quite 'tinny'

ed. i wonder if it could be pinking - but then you wouldn't get that at idle

Edited by hengti

matt205xs

rite, had a good look at it today, i think its down to the fact of the carbs not being set up correctly, as i have a couple of leaky fuel needles in them which need sorting,

Sign in to follow this