• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest woll

Jacking Car Up

Guest woll

Hey,

I want to be able to jack the whole front end of my car up but am unsure of where to put the jack or even if that is possible. Does anyone know the safe place to jack from?

Thanks

hengti

are you using the std jack? there are jacking points on the sills.

if you're using a trolley jack, be careful not to lift it using the floor of the car - it'll deform. maybe jack the subframe (use pieces of wood to spread the load). it's a bit tight because using a trolley jack limits the room you've got left for an axle stand.

welshpug

just slide it in from the front and jack up under the subframe, leaves plenty of room either side for the stands.

Bit tight if your jack is anything big or your car is mega low!

sonofsam

What you can do is use the small scissor jack on the sill to jack it up a little.Then get a decent trolley jack up the front in the middle of the subframe.Then put axle stands either side of the subframe.Thats the way i do it anyway:)

boombang

As above, but you can drive the car up onto some planks of wood to lift it a bit too.

If you're getting under it certainly don't just leave it on the jack - get the axle stands under it.

welshpug

scissor jacks are naff, axle stands for every single job.

lucky this was only a foot and we were only changing a wheel

31-08-06_1124.jpg

Guest woll

Yeah i'm using a trolley jack so i'll use the subframe as long as i can get it underneath. Basically I think the gear linkage rods have come off as lost all gears and need to get it fixed ASAP

Cheers for your replies

jonnie205

no need to jack it up for that just do it from the top

Sign in to follow this