• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest payne3400

Which Exhaust?

Guest payne3400

Hi, has anybody had any probs using a 1 box stainless system with the XU10? I'm not going to name names, but I've heard that if you don't run a cat, it blows the turbo seals through lack of back pressure. Is this true? Never had this prob on my cossie and that had 2 cats originally!

sonofsam

Nope not true, maybe in some cases..But not in mine.I run a straight (One rear box,no cat)through 2.5" Stainless steel jobbie and its fine;)

Guest payne3400
Nope not true, maybe in some cases..But not in mine.I run a straight (One rear box,no cat)through 2.5" Stainless steel jobbie and its fine;)

Thought it would be! cheers sam :)

sonofsam

No worries dude :)Here's how I made mine, cost me less than £100 to build in the end and I've still got enough bits left over

to build a side exit exhaust B) Bwarp :)

Guest payne3400
No worries dude :DHere's how I made mine, cost me less than £100 to build in the end and I've still got enough bits left over

to build a side exit exhaust ;) Bwarp :o

Nice! Have you had any probs with smoking? Was thinking of running two silencers to increase back pressure.

sonofsam

Cheers:)Nope No smoking now.Did a bit to start with, but i put this down to the protective layer of oil on the stainless steel tubes and bends I bought burning off and my grubby mits being on them too. lol

The kind the silencer you would have to fit to increase back pressure could be a real performance killer!

As you you want the least amount of turbulence after the Turbo;) To help it spin up quicker.

I was also sceptical about the noise, but it really is quiet, especially compared to my old twin box Janspeed system on my old N/A 1.9 8V.

Guest payne3400
Cheers:)Nope No smoking now.Did a bit to start with, but i put this down to the protective layer of oil on the stainless steel tubes and bends I bought burning off and my grubby mits being on them too. lol

The kind the silencer you would have to fit to increase back pressure could be a real performance killer!

As you you want the least amount of turbulence after the Turbo;) To help it spin up quicker.

I was also sceptical about the noise, but it really is quiet, especially compared to my old twin box Janspeed system on my old N/A 1.9 8V.

Cool! A one box, 2.5" stainless it is then!!! ;)

Sign in to follow this