• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
christopher

Heater Blower Not Working?

christopher

I was a little confused reading the past posts on this type of topic so I had a go at fixing this on mine. Also since it is nearly fezzing here. This is what I worked out so far and maybe will help others. But I still have a question.

Heater blower doesn't work

1) Check motor works by feeding a positive + negative from battery (check)

2) Check voltage between red and yello wires (mine was 1v)

3) Check voltage between the red and bodywork (mine was 12v)

Negative feed is problem.

4) Remove heater blower control unit (this is located below the heater assembly behind the radio)

5) Check thick wire feed of control unit with red from motor connector (12v)

Hence my conclusion is this module is faulty.

So finally my question.

So what to do?

Is this an item that can be bought from pug at a reasonable price? Or is it a scrappy job

Edited by christopher

christopher

On the way out the door to pug I was examining the module and decide to try and take it apart. It proved a bit hard to take teh plasic cover off without breaking it.

However I noticed that the module is a circuit board with some strange clip type contact that clips onto a metal disc that presses against some kind of resistor or something. Anyway looking closer at this I could see some green corrosion. SO I gently cleaned the metal disc with petrol and gave the contact area of the spring contact a tiny rub with sand paper.

In short (shortish) I assembled it again and hey presto it works. So no need to buy a new module.

I would try this if anyone heater ever breaks down, before forking out.

Cheers

Christopher

Sign in to follow this